Saturday, February 21, 2009

Booking Through Thursday (Even Though It's Saturday)


This week's Booking Through Thursday is hosted by my beautiful baby sister, BDiddy. I'm new to blogging and don't exactly know what the code of ethics is on this type of thing, but I can't let this kind of elegance fade into facebook obscurity.

Yet again, the Booking Through Thursday question is about as interesting as listening to people tell you what dream they had last night, but we'll roll with it.

How do you arrange your books on your shelves? Is it by author, by genre, or you just put it where it falls on?”

I don't arrange my books. This is partly because I'm lazy, and partly because I like searching for them and coming across books I'd forgotten about. I know, like you give a shit.

My sister only buys hardback books because she wants to display them in a big case in her living room "so people can be impressed by how smart I am." Unfortunately, she has yet to obtain a bookcase, so her first edition of Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea? is without a home. Recently, my mom orchestrated a massive overhaul of her apartment and, audibly concerned, called me when she made it to my sister's book collection, buried, as it was, under six feet of clean, unfolded clothing and Vernor's Gingerale cans.

Mama Dukes: Did you know your sister owns a book called Bleachy-Haired Honky Bitch?

Me: I did! In fact, I gave it to her because it mentions the Clermont Lounge. You remember the Clermont Lounge, Mom. It's where Bean and Gonz bought her a lap dance from the 60-year-old stripper dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.

Mama Dukes: The one who stashed her tips in her fat rolls?
Me: The very one!
Mama Dukes: You two need help.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh yes...Here I am in all my glory. I am sure to be discovered now. What you can't see is the pink eye I have been nursing ever since I was bitch slapped in the face by Dorthy's 60 year old fun bags. I recommend The Clermont Lounge for anyone with twenty dollars and has an interest in seeing a beer can smashed with the worlds most unappealing tits. I will never see Hotlanta the same again. MUUAHH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got twenty dollars... do they accept rolls of nickels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Thursday and I'm bored! Where is caity-cat??? Did you get distracted by a french fry on your way to posting a blog? Emergency at the gift shop? I could imagine in this economy the demand for Scarlett O'Hara magnets and silk-screened canvas bags has sky-rocketed and you're pulling all-nighters just to restock the shelves.

    Get your shit together, woman!

    ReplyDelete