Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barack Me Longtime




Could somebody dust off my soap box? 'Cause I'm about to get on it.

As one of our nation's many "underemployed" citizens, I was busy hooking myself to the tune of $10/hour ALL day, and only got to watch Obama's inaugural address a few minutes ago. When I finally sat down with the DVR and my best friend (read: $7 bottle of pinot noir), watching Obama's speech was a truly cathartic experience. After 8 soul-sucking years of tortured grammar and the cavalier invocation of doomsday histrionics, to be spoken to as an adult, by an adult, was disturbingly refreshing.


There were more than a few high points, but one of my personal favorites was Obama's call for "a new era of responsibility -- a recognition, on the part of every American, that we have duties to ourselves, our nation and the world, duties that we do not grudgingly accept but rather seize gladly, firm in the knowledge that there is nothing so satisfying to the spirit, so defining of our character than giving our all to a difficult task." That's real talk. OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! I'm giddy.


Read the full text of his speech here: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/us/politics/20text-obama.html?pagewanted=1


Also, be sure to check out Grandma Robinson next to Malia around the 11:15 mark. I'm pretty sure she's taking her afternoon siesta. It was colder than a witch's tit in a steel bra today, so I wouldn't blame her if she had a nip or seven of Beam with her coffee. That shit puts me straight to sleep too, Grams.


Finally, I'm not trying to bring down the high minded tone of this post, and therefore would like to add with ALL due respect, PEACE THE FUCK OUT, G-DUBS!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Bitch Tits (aka Mama),
    When exactly was the last time you "gave your all to a difficult task" (paraphrase). And the time that you let those two basketball players tag-team you doesn't count because you passed out when things got really rough.

    Love,
    Poodle

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had this discussion before, Poodle. If you're going to be a bitch, at least get your facts straight. They were football players.

    ReplyDelete